Potato Chip Burger for dinner. It’s easy, delicious, and full of wonderful flavors and textures. Don’t forget the fry sauce!
Tyson always teases me that I’m a burger girl. I would take a burger and a pile of fries with fry sauce over just about anything. My Aloha Burger and Bacon Ranch Burger are especially delicious and two of my favorite burger recipes! This Potato Chip Burger recipe combines some of my favorite things about eating a burger and fries. Keep scrolling for the recipe and even more burger goodness!
This burger screams all-American: crispy potato chips, creamy fry sauce, all the beef…it’s just a goody! You’re going to love how easy it is to make, too.
Do You Have to Use Beef Patties?
No, you can use whatever kind of patty you like! Turkey, bison, veggie…they’ll all taste good! Any one of these burger recipes would be awesome with any of those patties.
Ways to Cook Burgers
There are four main ways to cook burgers:
- pan frying
My favorite way is grilling!
How to Cook a Potato Chip Burger
Place raw patties over heat source and allow to cook for four minutes before flipping. Cook about six more minutes, or until both sides are brown and internal temperature reaches 160° F.
How Do You Make Sure Potato Chip Burgers Are Cooked?
Insert a meat thermometer into the center of each patty and leave cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
What is the best burger seasoning?
Salt and pepper! No need to buy a fancy seasoning when salt and pepper are so inexpensive and give burgers a delicious flavor. My dad also adds a little bit of chili powder.
I love going out for a good burger, but this guy is just SO good at home straight off the grill. And it’s so kid friendly! My boys love it and think it’s pretty awesome that they get to put chips on their burger.
Love burgers and sandwiches? Check out these other favorites between two slices of bread!
Bacon Ranch Burger
All Cupcake Diaries Burger Recipes
Queso Blanco Burger
Toasted Ham and Turkey Sub
Grilled Chicken Bacon Sandwich with Honey Mustard Sauce
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
Crock Pot Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches
French Dip Sandwiches
Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Crock Pot Pulled Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
All Cupcake Diaries Sandwich Recipes
All Cupcake Diaries Sandwiches, Burgers and Wraps Recipes
How to Make Potato Chip Burgers
Potato Chip Burgers
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 beef burger patties
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1 bag potato chips, 7-9 oz
- 1/3 c ketchup
- 2/3 c mayo
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and add burger patties; cover with the lid.
- Cook burgers until a crust forms on the bottom and the burger easily comes off the grill, about four minutes. Flip the burgers and cook for another six minutes. Add a slice of cheese to each burger and cook one more minute, or until cheese is melted. Remove burgers from the grill and place on a large plate or platter. Allow to rest for five minutes.
- Combine ketchup, mayo, and mustard in a small bowl. Spread desired amount on the bottom half of each bun. Top with prepared burger patty.
- Add lettuce, tomato, and desired amount of potato chips. Top with other bun half and serve.
Kitchen Tools and Gadgets Used for This Recipe
Now you know how to make the best summer burger in all the land. Next you can make the Aloha Burger and make all your wildest dreams come true. Or one of these other yummy burger and sandwich recipes!
If you make this recipe, I want to see it! Take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram! @alli_cupcakediaries
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020