Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers are so great for a “Friends” party of any kind! Could those printable toppers BE any cuter?
When your Instagram profile states “F.R.I.E.N.D.S” as the first of your interests, it must be important. I can’t even explain how much I love this show. Harry Potter comes in a really close second! I even made a whole list of Harry Potter party food ideas, like Butterbeer Freeze, Harry Potter Cupcakes, and Butterbeer Cookies. Time to get more Friends recipes going!
I have a feeling that if you’re a Friends fan you’re losing your mind a little bit right now. That’s how I felt when I made these cupcakes! I had my twin sister on the phone multiple times just to make sure I was getting them right. I love how they turned out!
Oh yes, I included Ross and his unagi. “It’s not something you are, it’s something you have!”
I made 12 different designs so you can have a great variety of toppers for your cupcakes. These cupcakes are kind of a tribute to Monica, my favorite character for the show. Her apartment has wonderfully purple walls and, of course, the yellow picture frame around the peephole.
What is the TV show Friends about?
Friends is a 90’s comedy about six friends who go through just about every life experience imaginable in the hilarious of ways, and they do all of them together! Love, marriage, divorce, children, heartbreaks, fights, new jobs, and everything in between. The show takes place in Manhattan, NY.
What is the Best Episode of Friends?
The Thanksgiving and holiday episodes are some of the best episodes of friends. For instance, “The One With All the Resolutions” from season 5 is especially funny as all the friends make resolutions they struggle to keep. It’s hilarious!
How Do I Print the Friends Cupcake Toppers?
You can download the Friends cupcake toppers from here then print them!
WHAT IS THE BEST PAN FOR BAKING CUPCAKES?
USA Pan is my favorite pan for cupcakes and muffins. The bakes are always even and the pan doesn’t take a beating after each use. And it’s affordable!
WHAT IS THE BEST FROSTING TIP TO USE FOR CUPCAKES?
I was so excited to give these cupcakes away and even asked my neighbors who liked the show! These lovelies couldn’t just go to anybody. The receiver had to appreciate them for how great they were!
It took me the longest time to photograph these cupcakes. For instance, I could not decide which topper to use for what photo and where each cupcake should be placed… These cupcakes were just too important to mess up!
More Recipes Inspired by the Friends TV Show
You can have a Friends-themed dinner party with the recipes from this list!
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese (Chandler eats mac and cheese for Thanksgiving dinner.)
- Peanut Butter Trifle (This one doesn’t taste like feet, unlike the one Rachel made.)
- Turkey Moist Maker Sandwich (“The One With Ross’ Sandwich” from season 5 is one of the best episodes of the show, hands down!)
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Phoebe’s grandma’s “secret” chocolate chip cookie recipe turned out to be the recipe on the back of a bag of Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips.)
- Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches (Nothing makes Joey happier than a hot meatball sub.)
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake (Chandler and Rachel steal a cheesecake from their neighbor and wind up eating it off the floor in the hall.)
Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- muffin tin
- ice cream scoop
- 16 oz frosting bag
- Wilton 1M frosting tip
- sucker sticks
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 c dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 24 purple cupcake liners
- 24 black sucker sticks
- 1-2 copies Friends cupcake toppers
Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened but not to room temperature
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff, 7 oz
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- rainbow disc sprinkles
Bake the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin cups.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, and eggs in the bowl of your mixer. Add cake mix and cocoa powder to wet ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15-17 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
Prepare the Buttercream Frosting
- Beat the butter with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time until well combined with the butter; add almond extract and marshmallow fluff and combine.
Build the Cupcakes
- Place the frosting in a 16oz frosting bag fixed with a Wilton 1M star tip. Pipe the frosting evenly over cupcakes.
- Pat sprinkles around the bottom rim of each cupcake. Print 1-2 sheets Friends cupcake toppers and cut out. Tape a sucker stick to each one and insert into cupcakes
Kitchen Tools and Gadgets Used for This Recipe
I hope you love these cupcakes! Friends is just the best. These chocolate chip cookies are another great treat to make if you want to serve a Friends-themed dessert. Something that represents Phoebe!
If you make this recipe, I want to see it! Take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram! @alli_cupcakediaries
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019