Lucky Charms Treats are so gooey, easy to make, and loaded with delicious flavor and texture. This is a perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
One of the many things I inherited from my mom is a love for marshmallowy treats. She and I, along with my twin sister, went on a treat-making extravaganza this last weekend and one of the goodies we created was Lucky Charms Treats. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
What are Lucky Charms Treats?
Lucky Charms Treats are essentially a rice krispies treat with so much more flavor and texture. Lucky Charms cereal gives these treats all that lovely color and fantastic flavor. There’s also a layer of white chocolate on the bottom of each one.
How Many Treats Can I Get from One Batch?
One pan of Lucky Charms Treats makes 20-24 treats, depending on how large or small you cut them.
More Treats for St. Patrick’s Day
These treats are some of my favorites and they’re all perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Mint Brownies are a classic and sport that lovely green frosting layer. We made Green Candied Popcorn about six years ago and it is so darn good. I can eat an entire bowl myself.
My kids absolutely love Leprechaun Snack Mix. This mix has a great balance of sweet and salty and the textures are stellar. Not to mention all that color! It’s a good one!
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies from Like Mother, Like Daughter would also be so yummy for St. Patrick’s Day! Check out those bright green mint chips.
Lucky Charms Treats Recipe
Lucky Charms Treats
- 4 Tbsp butter, plus extra to butter the pan
- 1 1/2 bags mini marshmallows, 15 oz bags
- 6 c Lucky Charms Cereal
- 1 bag white chocolate chips, 12 oz
- 4 drops green food coloring
- Use a paper towel to butter the bottom of a 9x13 pan with extra butter. Melt 4 Tbsp butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Pour marshmallows over the butter; mix to coat the marshmallows.
- Place bowl in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds, then stir; heat for another 30 seconds and stir again till marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour cereal over marshmallow mixture a little at a time and mix well. Place the mixed treat into the greased 9x13 pan. Run water over your hand and press the treat evenly into the pan. Cover and cool in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Cut treats into 20-24 squares and place upside down on wax paper. Melt the white chocolate 45 seconds, then stir; melt for 45 seconds and stir again to melt the chocolate. Add the food coloring and stir to combine.
- Dip the bottom of each treat into the green chocolate. Place upside down on the wax paper to allow chocolate to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Kitchen Tools & Gadgets Used to Make Lucky Charms Treats
I hope you love these Lucky Charms Treats! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Out with the old, in with the new! Here is the original photo from 2013:
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021