Butterbeer is a must for any Harry Potter event, and Butterbeer Cookies are the perfect dessert! These cookies have big butterbeer flavor in every bite.
Oh how I love me some Harry Potter! The books, the movies, the costumes…it’s all just so good. One of my all-time-favorite vacations is a trip to Universal Studios and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There’s nothing quite like walking into Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley for the first time! And because I love Harry Potter so much, I love making food that celebrates Harry and all his friends. Most recently I made Butterbeer Krispy Treats, and I’m continuing the butterbeer trend with these Butterbeer Cookies. They’re so perfectly chewy and so good! Lots of butterbeer flavors in these guys.
What is Butterbeer?
Sometimes I forget that not everybody is obsessed with Harry Potter like I am. If you’re one of those people, allow me to explain what in the world I’m talking about when I refer to butterbeer! Butterbeer is a non-alcoholic beverage the students enjoy when they visit places like the Three Broomsticks pub in Hogsmeade (You can read all about Harry’s first experience in Hogsmeade in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!).
Butterbeer is a carbonated, butterscotch-like beverage combined with a butterscotch whipping cream. You can make versions of the popular drink found online (I have a recipe for a frozen version that I LOVE!), and you can get what is quite possibly the best recipe of all at Universal Studios in Hollywood and Orlando.
Harry Potter Makes Me Happy
My set of Harry Potter books are sitting on my son’s bookshelf. Sometimes I find myself staring at all of them lined up so nicely and I want nothing more than to read the series over and over again. I know I’m not alone when I say that Harry Potter gets me so excited whenever I think about planning a party, making a recipe, or watching a movie. It’s one of those series that makes you feel so good and you fall in love with the story and the characters. Have you seen the illustrated editions of the Harry Potter books? They’re nothing short of stunning.
What I Love About Harry Potter
I love talking about Harry Potter and that people think go me when they see Harry Potter things online. There are so many things I love about this book series!
- The close relationship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione
- Halloween and Christmas both remind me of Harry Potter, which adds even more magic to those wonderful holidays.
- You can get away with having a Harry Potter party any time of the year.
- The books and movies are family-friendly so everyone can enjoy them.
- The storyline is so well thought out. From beginning to end, the story comes together without any plot holes.
- In the end, happiness means having people around you who love you.
More Harry Potter Recipe Favorites
I haven’t made nearly enough Harry Potter recipes and I’m kind of embarrassed about it. It’s time to turn that around! About eight years ago my twin sister threw a Harry Potter party and we put together some really fun food ideas. Butterbeer Freeze and Butterbeer Krispy Treats are two butterbeer favorites that we make over and over, whether it’s Harry’s birthday or just a Friday night. I made a yummy Gryffindor Popcorn with all the colors of Gryffindor house.
Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies Recipe
- 1 c butter or margarine, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (5.1 0z) box butterscotch pudding, or around this size
- 2 3/4 c flour
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. In your stand mixer fixed with the paddle attachment, combine butter or margarine and both sugars; add eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk salt, baking soda, and pudding together in a separate bowl. Add to the wet mixture then slowly add flour.
- With a wooden spoon, add chocolate chips and mix in well. Cover and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet 7-9 minutes, or until light golden brown on top. Move to a cooling rack to cool.
Kitchen Tools and Gadgets Used for This Recipe
I’m sharing this recipe as part of Marissa at Rae Gun’s annual Harry Potter series! This year is in celebration of the upcoming movie Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald. (I can’t even type that without feeling giddy!) We’re kicking things off with such a fun Harry Potter-themed giveaway that I’m really hoping one of my readers wins!
One lucky winner will receive all the amazing things below! ENTER by using the widget below (or clicking here). To see all the new Harry Potter projects and find enter check here as they will be updated daily!
- $50 Amazon gift card perfect for picking out your own awesome Harry Potter swag or stocking up on craft supplies to make your own inspired by the great tutorials from the series!
- $50 Shop credit to spend on LuLaRoe with RaeGunRoe who will be having a special Harry Potter inspired event during the series!
- One Harry Potter Baby Costume or House Tie Necklace from RaeGun perfect for Halloween, or sporting to a vacation to the Wizarding world, or just for any old Tuesday!
- One Nerdifore from Giggles and Mischief (put to a $40) she makes the cutest Harry Potter inspired dresses for big girls as well as My Little Pony, Super Hero and other awesomely geeky options.
- Dumbledore and Harry Potter action figures!
- Other surprise Harry Potter swag!
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019