Rudolph and Friends Cupcakes are so whimsical and sweet. They’re the perfect dessert for a Rudolph party or any Christmas event!
I get a sense of nostalgia when I see these Rudolph Cupcakes! I love the whimsical, watercolor graphics created by Poppy Shop Design Co. They’d be great for a Rudolph party or a general Christmas party! You could also serve Snowman Donuts, Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars, and Chocolate Dipped Christmas Oreos at your party.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a treasure in the homes of people all over the world! He is a beloved Christmas character that most of us grew up watching on TV each year. I look forward to that funny claymation each Christmas! Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes are the perfect treat to celebrate that fun and classic movie.
I wanted to go a different direction when I made these toppers and decided against the traditional characters. Therefore, I used different forest friends and classic Christmas objects for each topper. I love this fox in his knitted sweater!
I made 12 toppers for you to print and use for your cupcakes. Each one was individually made with thought and care put into it. I used multiple graphics on some of them to make the perfect winter toppers for a Rudolph scene. I’m so happy with how they turned out!
Who is Rudolph?
Robert Lewis May created Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in 1939. He is depicted as the ninth and youngest of Santa Claus’ reindeer. It’s a very foggy night one Christmas Eve and Santa needs help guiding his sleigh. As a result, Rudolph uses his shiny red nose to lead the reindeer team and guide Santa’s sleigh to deliver presents to the children.
Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- medium mixing bowl
- muffin tin
- cupcake liners
- ice cream scoop
- 16 oz frosting bag
- Wilton 1M frosting tip
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 24 gold cupcake liners
- 2 copies Rudolph and Friends cupcake toppers
- Christmas sprinkles
- 1 1/2 c unsalted butter, salted
- pinch of salt
- 5-6 c powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream
Bake the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin cups.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, and eggs in the bowl of your mixer. Add cake mix and cocoa powder to wet ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15-17 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
Prepare the Buttercream Frosting
- Beat the butter with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy; add salt and powdered sugar on low speed.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream and mix till combined. Turn mixer to medium-high speed and beat buttercream for five minutes. If buttercream is too thick, add heavy cream 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reach.
Build the Cupcakes
- Place the frosting in a 16oz frosting bag fixed with a Wilton 1M star tip. Pipe the frosting evenly over cupcakes.
- Cut out Rudolph and Friends cupcake toppers and place one directly on top of each cupcake. Add sprinkles as desired.
If you make this recipe, I want to see it! Take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram! @alli_cupcakediaries
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021