Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day are so bright, fun, and easy to make! Package them up in cellophane bags for a simple and tasty valentine gift.
Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday for treats! I love throwing a party and serving Valentine’s Day Chex Treat or packaging up Valentine’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites for friends. And I always bring this Valentine’s Day Candy Dice Game to an elementary school party!
What is it about Valentine’s Day that makes me want to make and eat all the candy and treats? It’s probably the fun colors. I mean, just look at these Oreos. I loved customizing each one with different colors of candy melts and sprinkles!
Does this plate of cookies remind you of the movie Alice in Wonderland? I think of that tea party whenever I look at these pictures!
WHAT DO YOU USE TO DIP OREOS?
You can use colored candy melts or you can use white chocolate chips and use food coloring to color them. The easiest option is to buy candy melts in different colors.
HOW DO YOU MAKE Valentine’s Day DIPPED OREOS?
Simply melt the candy melts one color at a time and dip the Oreos. You want to decorate each individual Oreo after it has been dipped or the coating will cool too much.
WHAT ARE CANDY MELTS?
Candy melts are vanilla-flavored discs for candy making and coating. They come in multiple colors for all kinds of fun treats! You can buy them at Walmart, craft and party stores, and other grocery stores.
HOW LONG DO DIPPED OREOS LAST?
You can keep a sealed container of dipped Oreos for up to two weeks. Keep them at room temperature.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CANDY MELT OREOS?
Heat the candy melts one color at a time so they don’t all get too cool. Dip the Oreos in your chosen color then continue on to melt and dip with the next color. (See my post for Halloween Dipped Oreos for photo instructions!)
There are two ways to dip these cookies: with candy melts or white chocolate. Candy melts do not take food coloring so if you need to color your coating, use white chocolate or almond bark and add food coloring. The easiest option is to buy individual colors of candy melts, which is what I did.
After you melt one of the colors of candy melts or chocolate, drop an Oreo in and cover it completely. Use a fork to lift out and give it a little shake to remove the excess drips coming off the bottom.
Place the covered Oreos on a sheet of wax paper and immediately add the decorations you’re using. If you wait to top them with your decorations the coating can cool and the decorations won’t stick. I love using a variety of sprinkles and candy pearls!
Aren’t those so fun? I loved making these cookies and especially loved packaging them up for some of our friends!
More Colorful and Festive Valentine’s Day Treat Recipes
- “Love” Cupcakes
- Heart Sugar Cookies
- Valentine Peanut Butter Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Krispy Treats
- Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
- GODIVA Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Day Chex Treat
- Valentine’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites
- X and O Chocolate Marshmallow Sandwich Cookiesv
- Valentine Muddy Buddies
Easter Dipped Oreos
- glass bowls
- silicone spatula
- wax paper
- 1 package Oreos, family size
- candy melts, Easter colors
- Easter sprinkles, variety
- other Easter candy decorations
- Melt one package of candy melts in a microwavable glass bowl, according to package directions. Use a silicone spatula to stir. ONLY MELT ONE COLOR OF CANDY MELTS.
- Drop an Oreo cookie into the candy melts and use a spoon to cover completely with coating. Use a fork to pick up the cookie from the bottom and lightly shake to remove excess coating.
- Place on wax paper and immediately and sprinkles and other decorations. Repeat step 2 until color is gone. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with other colors of candy melts.
Kitchen Tools and Gadgets Used to Make This Recipe
I hope you love these pretty little cookies! Those Valentine’s Day colors just make me so happy. If you like these, you’ll love my Valentine’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites!
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020