Chocolate and peanut butter has got to be one of the best flavor combinations known to man. I am such a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter!
I’ve seen different versions of these cookies floating around the blogosphere. A delicious Dove chocolate heart set atop a peanut butter cookie. Genius idea for Valentine’s Day! Though I’d seen these before, I knew I HAD to make and share with you my version of this cookie with my very favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.
This recipe is super special. It comes from my mother-in-law and it’s unique. This cookie is part peanut butter cookie, part chocolate chip cookie. And it’s soooooo good! And if you think that sounds good, you’re right, PLUS here’s the next part: you roll the dough into balls and coat with sugar to bake. Gah! And with the Dove chocolate heart added to the top it’s over-the-moon GOOD.
Let’s cut the chatter and get this peanut butter and chocolate party started!
Valentine Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 c. butter, softened (stick and a half)
- 1 c. peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 c. sugar, plus extra for rolling dough
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. brown sugar
Cream ingredients together in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Then add:
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 bags Dove chocolate hearts
Form dough into 1-inch dough balls and roll in a small bowl of sugar to coat. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 375°.
Take out of the oven and place a chocolate heart on the center of each cookie. Allow to cool slightly then remove and place on a cooling rack.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019