This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PB2. All opinions are 100% mine.
Chocolate and peanut butter were meant for each other! These cupcakes are perfectly flavored with chocolate and peanut butter then topped with chocolate ganache and a smooth and silky peanut butter frosting.
Oh heavens, am I excited about this recipe! Aren’t chocolate and peanut butter just the best? These cupcakes are so good because of the chocolate and peanut butter flavors of PB2 Peanut Powder with Cocoa.
What is PB2 with Cocoa?
PB2 is a powdered peanut butter made with freshly roasted peanuts pressed to remove most of the oil. Throw in some cocoa and you’ve got yourself a chocolatey peanut butter with 90% less fat, among other great nutritional value! It’s great to use for shakes and smoothies, dips, oatmeal, popcorn, and even desserts! PB2 has over 70% fewer calories than traditional peanut butter, as well as 4g of plant based protein.
What makes PB2 better?
PB2 helps you find the balance in life by helping you make food that is both healthy and delicious. All products are plant-based and made with pure simple products for a happier life. I jumped on the protein powder bandwagon last year and PB2 is by far the best tasting powder I’ve used.
When I told some friends I was making cupcakes using PB2 with Cocoa she said, “PB2 is delicious, so I’m sure PB2 with Cocoa is fantastic!” And it’s true! I’m already looking forward to everything else I’m going to make with that powder.
Can I bake with PB2?
Yes! And it’s super easy to do. You can make bread, cookies, muffins, brownies, and of course, cupcakes! I was so excited about how these cupcakes baked up. You can find more recipes using PB2 on the PB2 website.
Each of these cupcakes gets a little dip head first into a bowl of smooth chocolate ganache!
It’s time for the frosting! You’ll want to grab a spoon for any leftovers of this stuff because it is delicious.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- medium mixing bowl
- muffin tin
- ice cream scoop
- 16 oz frosting bag
- Wilton 1M frosting tip
- small mixing bowl
- large bowl
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c PB2 Peanut Powder with Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 c. PB2 peanut butter powder
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp Mexican vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp heavy cream
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place cupcake liners in two 12-count muffin tins and one 6-count muffin tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, PB2 Peanut Powder with Cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites, both sugars, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and completely combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined; be careful not to over mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners halfway full. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove cupcakes from the pans to cool on a cooling rack.
- Make the chocolate ganache by adding chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a small microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Dip each cupcake directly into the ganache to cover the top; set aside to cool.
- Combine PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter in a small bowl with the water. Combine prepared peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer until smooth, about one minute. Use a rubber scraper to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla, salt, and heavy cream and mix to combine. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Attach a 1M star frosting tip to a frosting bag and fill with frosting. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and immediately add sprinkles.
These cupcakes will be the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day! Nothing says “I love you” like peanut butter and chocolate.
Head to your grocery store, get yourself a can of PB2 Peanut Powder with Cocoa, and make these cupcakes ASAP! PB2 is going to quickly become a go-to ingredient for snacks, desserts, and more!