Orange Julius just like the mall! This treat reminds me of my childhood. You’re going to love how easy it is to make at home!
You’re in for a real treat if this is your first experience with copycat restaurant recipes. Besides this Orange Julius recipe, we also love to make Wendy’s Frosties! Looking for a fun dinner copycat recipe? Two of my favorites are Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo and Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supremes!
This recipe was originally posted July 2014 and revamped in April 2020!
Orange Julius Copycat Recipe
Does an Orange Julius remind you of your childhood like it does me?
Check out these comments from other readers!
- These bring back memories from my childhood. I love Orange Julius!
- How fun and yummy! I remember getting these all the time at the mall when I was younger.
- I just LOVE Orange Julius!
Orange Julius makes me so nostalgic for the 80’s and 90’s and the fun of my childhood! I love seeing that other people feel that way, too.
What is Orange Julius?
Orange Julius is a fruity drink chain that made its debut in the 1920’s, but has been making mall shoppers happy since the 1960’s.
A classic Orange Julius consists of these ingredients:
- Orange juice
- Powdered egg whites
- Vanilla flavoring
Did you know that the first Orange Julius location was a small drink stand in Los Angeles?
That fun fact makes me love Orange Julius even more and adds to the nostalgia! Nothing says retro like a fruity drink stand in the summertime.
Speaking of nostalgia, here’s a list of some of my favorite retro desserts!
- This is the dessert you waited for in the elementary school lunchroom!
- Your grandma probably made these for you when you were a kid, whose grandma made them for her when she was a kid!
- You know the one! Lime jello, 7Up, marshmallows, and a handful of other ingredients your mom always had hanging around!
- The name itself would suggest that this recipe has been around forever because it has. We’re talking 1800’s!
- Did you know the traditional way to bake this classic cake is in a skillet?
Time to pull out the blender and make an Orange Julius! Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me with any questions or to tell me what you think of the recipe!
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 large ice cubes, (about 3/4 c.)
- 4 orange slices, optional
- In a blender, combine frozen orange juice concentrate, milk, water, powdered sugar, and vanilla for 30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes one at a time, blending between each one, until smooth. Place an orange slice on the rim, if desired. Serve with a straw and enjoy!
Tools and Gadgets to Make Orange Julius
Looking for more fun drink recipes? Check out 10+ Family-Friendly Summer Drink Recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!