Nothing says comfort food like a hot bowl of chicken alfredo. This copycat version of Olive Garden’s Chicken Alfredo will take you to the Italian countryside without even leaving your kitchen.
If you put a bowl of pasta and some garlic bread in front of me, it’s all over. I reach a new point of happiness that’s mighty close to euphoria. Pasta is probably my favorite form of comfort food and Olive Garden is my very favorite place to get pasta. When I’m there, I order either the Steak Gorgonzola or the Chicken Alfredo. So it was only appropriate to make a copycat version of one of my two faves! The Chicken Alfredo is a family favorite so I chose that goody. And they sure weren’t disappointed!
You really can’t beat homemade alfredo sauce. I’m kind of obsessed with this recipe. It tastes just like a pasta sauce you would get on your plate at an Italian restaurant. And it’s the key to making this dish the copycat greatness that it is. This dish takes two pans to make the entire thing for your family. Four of us (two adults and two kids) ate this for Sunday dinner with garlic bread and salad and we had leftovers. I can’t wait to make this again! My boys can’t either.
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo
- 2 8oz chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked fettuccine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 c. Italian blend cheese grated
- fresh parsley chopped (optional garnish)
- Pour olive oil into a large saute pan and cook chicken over medium heat. Allow to cool and then slice.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in an extra large saute pan. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, milk, heavy cream, and cheese directly to the melted butter in the saute pan. Stir together and heat till simmering. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken slices to the cooked sauce. Toss together and serve hot with fresh parsley on top.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you love this recipe! Don’t miss eight more pasta recipes for family dinner. Just scroll below this mouthwatering collage of pasta dishes to get all these fantastic recipes.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021