Last month I shared this recipe over at The Real Housewives of Riverton! Just in case you missed it, I wanted to share it with you today.
Oh heavens, do I love s’mores. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to that delightful treat and the many creations one can make with those simple and oh so wonderful ingredients. Some might say I have a minor obsession. What I really have is a crazy sweet tooth! And s’mores really hit the spot.
We had a barbecue with some friends recently and I really wanted to make something new. Summertime is the season of s’mores, so I decided on a delicious and chewy S’more Brownie. I love the soft and chewy texture of the brownie combined with the crunch of the graham cracker. The melted Hershey bar chunks were heavenly combined with the ooey gooey marshmallow.
While I was cutting these lovelies and placing them on a plate I set a couple to the side just in case we ran out. I didn’t want to take any chances! These brownies are a great dessert option that combine the flavors of a delicious chocolate brownie and the iconic flavors and textures of the classic s’more. (I’m heading to the kitchen immediately to snag one of the leftovers!!)
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. butter
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 graham crackers broken into small pieces
- 3 c. mini marshmallows
- 3 Hershey bars broken into small pieces (break in half the individual little pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or in a mixing bowl, cream together sugar, butter, and cocoa powder. Add the eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla extract and flour, scraping the bowl throughout the mixing process.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Pour prepared brownie batter into the pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over the baked brownies. Then sprinkle the graham cracker and chocolate bar pieces over the marshmallows. Place in the oven for two more minutes to allow the marshmallows to melt together.
- Place in the fridge for one hour before serving, or on the counter top till the marshmallows have cooled. (If you cut into them too early you’ll have a delicious but incredibly sticky mess and they’re a little difficult to cut.)
Take a look at these other fabulous brownie recipes! Yum!
Linking up at The Cards we Drew
Alli is the food blogger and photographer behind Cupcake Diaries. Nestled in Northern Utah with her three young boys, hubby, and a full pantry, she loves baking all kinds of treats as well as quick and easy meals for her family. She also loves throwing parties and sharing the details on her blog. What started out as sharing a few recipes with family members here and there soon turned into a full-functioning recipe blog with readers from all around the world. Alli is a full-time mom and piano teacher who enjoys music, holidays, and spending time with her family.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- St. Patrick’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites - March 9, 2020
- St. Patrick’s Day Dipped Oreos - March 2, 2020
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020