Enjoy lasagna rolled up into fantastic spinach lasagna rolls! This dish is light and hearty all at the same time and one of my kids’ favorites.
Sometimes I have a really hard time getting my kids to eat veggies. This is one of those recipes that I secretly do my evil laugh while they eat it. Full of veggies, low in calories, and so full of flavor they have no idea they’re eating something healthy. It’s a beautiful thing! Each lasagna roll has 224 calories and 6 Weight Watchers points. Can’t beat that!
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 1 15 oz container fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasonings
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 chicken breast cooked and diced (omit for vegetarian option)
- 32 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 9 Tbsp. part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasonings, chicken (if using), and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour about 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out the lasagna noodles. Make sure they are dry by patting them with a paper towel. Take 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture and spread evenly over a noodle.
- Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 Tbsp. of mozzarella cheese. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve hot.
adapted from Skinny Taste
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
Don’t miss some of my other favorite low-cal meals!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020