I love a good homemade pasta dish. And I especially love a homemade pasta dish that’s easy to make and light!
This Grilled Chicken Tortellini doesn’t have any sauce. (Say whaaa?) But it’s not a dry pasta dish so don’t you worry your little head. The oil from the sundried tomatoes jar gives the pasta a nice smooth texture without making it heavy. No dry pasta here! Add some Italian blend cheese and fresh basil for a finishing touch. This is a great way to enjoy pasta without a lot of extra calories!
Grilled Chicken Tortellini
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pkg Buitoni cheese tortellini
- 1 lg boneless skinless chicken breast grilled and sliced
- 1/2 c. sundried tomatoes from the jar
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves sliced
- 1/4 c. shredded Italian blend cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions and drain water. Place back in the pot and add tomatoes, oil, and salt and pepper.
- Place the pot over medium heat to warm tomatoes and oil. Place in a serving bowl and carefully stir in basil. Sprinkle cheese over tortellini and serve.
Alli is the food blogger and photographer behind Cupcake Diaries. Nestled in Northern Utah with her three young boys, hubby, and a full pantry, she loves baking all kinds of treats as well as quick and easy meals for her family. She also loves throwing parties and sharing the details on her blog. What started out as sharing a few recipes with family members here and there soon turned into a full-functioning recipe blog with readers from all around the world. Alli is a full-time mom and piano teacher who enjoys music, holidays, and spending time with her family.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019