I am not even kidding when I say I can eat an entire pan of these in a day! I haven’t tried, but let’s just say I don’t trust myself alone with these delicious treats. I’ve never loved rice krispy treats as much as I do now. That white chocolate layer on the bottom takes them to a level that is indescribable! You’re just going to have to make a batch of these to see what I mean.
These treats can be made for all kinds of holidays! I made them for the Fourth of July this year and they were a huge hit and so much fun!
Halloween Krispy Treats
- 6 c. Rice Krispys cereal
- 1 1/2 bags mini marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter plus extra to grease pan
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- orange food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
- purple sugar crystal sprinkles
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter completely and put in a large microwave safe bowl. Pour marshmallows over bowl and stir around to coat.
- Heat marshmallows in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, then stir again. Add the cereal to the bowl and mix well with marshmallows.
- Place the mixture in the greased pan. Get your hand wet and press the mixture down into the pan evenly. Add sprinkles as desired. Cover and place in the fridge to cool for one hour.
- Cut into squares and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave for at 30 second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Add food coloring to make desired color of orange.
- Dip the bottom third to half of each treat in the orange chocolate and place upside down on wax paper to cool.
Today I’ve teamed up with six more bloggers to give you some fun Halloween ideas! Take a look at the list below for recipes, crafts, costume ideas, and more!
Events To Celebrate: Halloween Party Activities
Love to be in the Kitchen: Build Your Own Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes
Utah Coupon Deals: Halloween Party Favors
Cupcake Diaries: Halloween Krispy Treats
Simplistically Sassy: Halloween Bat & Ghost Craft
Annelily Design: Halloween Spider Web Craft
xoxoGrandma: Halloween Costume Ideas