I am not even kidding when I say I can eat an entire pan of these in a day! I haven’t tried, but let’s just say I don’t trust myself alone with these delicious treats. I’ve never loved rice krispy treats as much as I do now. That white chocolate layer on the bottom takes them to a level that is indescribable! You’re just going to have to make a batch of these to see what I mean.
These treats can be made for all kinds of holidays! I made them for the Fourth of July this year and they were a huge hit and so much fun!
Halloween Krispy Treats
- 6 c. Rice Krispys cereal
- 1 1/2 bags mini marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter plus extra to grease pan
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- orange food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
- purple sugar crystal sprinkles
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter completely and put in a large microwave safe bowl. Pour marshmallows over bowl and stir around to coat.
- Heat marshmallows in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, then stir again. Add the cereal to the bowl and mix well with marshmallows.
- Place the mixture in the greased pan. Get your hand wet and press the mixture down into the pan evenly. Add sprinkles as desired. Cover and place in the fridge to cool for one hour.
- Cut into squares and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave for at 30 second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Add food coloring to make desired color of orange.
- Dip the bottom third to half of each treat in the orange chocolate and place upside down on wax paper to cool.
Today I’ve teamed up with six more bloggers to give you some fun Halloween ideas! Take a look at the list below for recipes, crafts, costume ideas, and more!
Events To Celebrate: Halloween Party Activities
Love to be in the Kitchen: Build Your Own Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes
Utah Coupon Deals: Halloween Party Favors
Cupcake Diaries: Halloween Krispy Treats
Simplistically Sassy: Halloween Bat & Ghost Craft
Annelily Design: Halloween Spider Web Craft
xoxoGrandma: Halloween Costume Ideas
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
This is such a fun twist on rice krispy treats. I love it! Pinned for later!
Lauren Allen says
I love finding fun variations of rice crispy treats! These look amazing! Pinned!
Simple, cute and delicious! I love it, thanks for sharing!
Shauna Smart says
Oh my, these look delicious! I know it’s not even lunch time yet but I’m pretty sure I should go and make these right now, lol! Pinned 🙂
~ all bloggers are welcome to join us for The Weekend re-Treat Link Party on The Best Blog Recipes every Fri-Sun and all family friendly blog posts are welcome ~
Kara @ Simplistically Sassy says
So easy, and so cute! Love this one!! We’ll have to make them for sure.
Joy Candrian says
Thanks for this great idea. I can imagine all different ways to tweek this recipe for other holidays.
Ohmyheck I LOVE those!!! They looks so delicious. Definitely pinning. Good thing I can’t gain weight from all the things I “wish” I were eating 😉
Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com
ashley @ my craftily ever after says
I don’t normally make rice krispy treats because I have ZERO self control and i would totally eat the whole pan! Maybe I will make these and take them to my son’s school though, they look sooooo good! Will you come link them up to my linky party, I would love to share them with everyone! http://www.mycraftilyeverafter.com/2013/10/03/simple-vintage-pumpkin-party/
These look so good!
My Life of Travels and Adventures says
They look so good. Thanks for linking up with us. You were featured this week… http://www.mylifeoftravelsandadventures.com/2013/10/trick-or-treat-thursday-2.html