Lemon Lush Dessert! A cookie crust is layered with a creamy lemon pudding, sweet cream cheese, and a fluffy whipped topping. This dessert is perfect for spring and summer!
I love a good lemon dessert this time of year. They’re always so light and lovely! Lemon and strawberry make a fantastic combo, like with these Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes. This No-Bake Lemon Cream Pie is another great option for a light, lemony dessert!
This is a sponsored post I wrote for Kraft Foods in July 2015 and updated April 2020 .
Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
This lemon dessert recipe has been a reader favorite for five years! It’s definitely in the top 10 of the best recipes I’ve shared on my site so I’m not at all surprised that it’s been so popular!
Here’s what readers have said about it!
- “I made it for a gathering and everyone loved it and asked for the recipe.”
- “This recipe is always a crowd pleaser!”
- “I’m not a very good baker so I was so happy to find this recipe and see that there is very minimal baking! It ended up being the easiest “fancy” dessert I ever made and everyone thought it looked difficult so they were really impressed. Little did they know how easy it was!”
- “You know the recipe is good when you wake up in the middle of the night to sneak a slice!”
I almost get teary reading some of the comments! People have said the nicest things about this recipe and I’m so flattered and thrilled that they love it.
What is Lemon Lush?
Lemon Lush is wonderfully light and flavorful dessert that has four lovely layers:
- The sweet pecan crust is like a shortbread cookie and has the perfect amount of texture.
- The cheesecake layer is perfectly light and sweet without all the work of a cheesecake!
- Smooth lemon pudding makes up the third layer. All you need is a box of no-cook lemon pudding and some milk!
- Finally, top it with whipped topping and a little lemon zest, if you’d like! If you’re like my husband and hate whipped topping, feel free to use real whipping cream.
You would think that a four-layer dessert would be more difficult to make, but this recipe is so easy! Anybody you serve it to will ask for the recipe, guaranteed.
The only baking needed for this recipe is the crust and it only takes 15 minutes!
If baking isn’t your thing and you really want an impressive looking dessert to serve at a gathering, Lemon Lush is the recipe for you! You’ll look at that crust layer and say, “That was hardly baking.” It’s kind of a dream come true.
It’s also really easy to store Lemon Lush Dessert:
- Use plastic wrap or tin foil to cover up the remaining dessert.
- Store your leftovers in the fridge and serve it up cold!
- Can you freeze Lemon Lush? Absolutely! Store it in the freezer like you would the fridge and move it to the fridge to thaw for serving.
Please feel free to leave a comment or email me with any of your questions! I would love to hear what you think about Lemon Lush Dessert when you make it!
What to Make for Dinner with Lemon Lush Dessert
I made Copycat Cafe Rio Salads the last time we had this dessert. Or you can keep the lemon theme going with Copycat Johnny Carino’s Lemon Rosemary Chicken! The latter is served with a lovely olive oil and garlic-infused pasta.
Watch How to Make It
Lemon Lush Dessert
- 1 c butter softened, but not to room temperature
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c pecans chopped in small pieces
Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 packages lemon instant pudding 3 oz
- 3 1/2 c cold milk
- 1 container cool whip 16 oz
- lemon zest optional
- Stir together butter, flour, sugar, and chopped pecans in a mixing bowl. (A fork works really well to get everything mixed together.)
- Press into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes at 350° F, or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Layer
- Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mixes and milk. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken up. Spread on top of the cream cheese layer; cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Spread whipped topping over the pudding layer. Cut into 18-24 pieces (depending on how large or small you cut them) and garnish with fresh lemon zest. Keep leftovers covered and stored in the fridge.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021