A cookie crust is layered with a creamy lemon pudding, sweet cream cheese, and a fluffy whipped topping. This dessert is perfect for spring and summer!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FireUpTheGrill #CollectiveBias
We’ve been grilling up a storm lately! I think we used our grill four of the seven nights last week. We’ve really enjoyed this beautiful summer weather and being able to enjoy dinner outside. Not to mention the greatness we’ve had coming off that grill!
Today I wanted to share a dessert that is not only easy, but it’s perfect to go with any grill recipe! Lemon Lush is something I’ve been making for years with my grandma. We grilled some mean pork chops and topped it with delicious Kraft BBQ sauce. And my kids loved that we had started the meal with Country Time Lemonade. This dessert was the perfect way to end the meal!
Speaking of Kraft, this recipe includes three of my favorite Kraft products: Jell-O lemon pudding, Philadelphia cream cheese, and Cool Whip. Two ingredients that I love using to make amazing desserts. They were super stocked up at Walmart! I ended up getting a few extra boxes of different puddings.
Are you one of those people who opens up the Cool Whip and licks the inside of the lid? Just me?
If you’re one who loves lemon desserts, you’ll want to make this! Four layers of creamy, citrusy goodness. The bottom layer is like a shortbread cookie for a little bit of texture. Then you’ve got a fabulous sweet cream cheese layer, lemon pudding, and topped with Cool Whip. This dessert is a Kraft party at its finest!
And this dessert stores so well! Simply cover up the dish and place it in your fridge. Pull the dish out of the fridge and serve yourself up a piece perfectly chilled. It’s pretty much the best thing ever.
Lemon Lush Dessert
- 1 c butter softened, but not to room temperature
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c pecans chopped in small pieces
Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 packages lemon instant pudding 3 oz
- 3 1/2 c cold milk
- 1 container cool whip 16 oz
- lemon zest optional
- Stir together butter, flour, sugar, and chopped pecans in a mixing bowl. (A fork works really well to get everything mixed together.)
- Press into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes at 350° F, or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Layer
- Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mixes and milk. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken up. Spread on top of the cream cheese layer; cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Spread whipped topping over the pudding layer. Cut into 18-24 pieces (depending on how large or small you cut them) and garnish with fresh lemon zest. Keep leftovers covered and stored in the fridge.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
This recipe went perfectly with the yummy meal I put with it. I purchased a Marketside cobb salad at Walmart and drizzled the ranch dressing that came with it over the salad, as well as Kraft Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce. It was so perfect! I loved the flavor of the grilled chicken with the barbecue sauce.
I also picked up Marketside garlic knots for a side dish. I love those things!
Here are some of my other favorite lemon desserts!
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019