The refreshing flavors of strawberry and lemon combined into one delicious cupcake. It’s strawberry lemonade in a cupcake!
It’s pretty apparent that I love cupcakes. And I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today! It’s so yummy and perfect for a spring and summer treat.
Don’t you just love the bright colors? The strawberry buttercream frosting is so good you’ll be lucky if it makes it on the cupcakes! We used some of the leftovers on graham crackers and it was mighty delicious. It is made with strawberry jam, so you don’t have to worry about having fresh strawberries on hand!
Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes are a perfect dessert any time of year. Such a delicious flavor combo! Enjoy!
Simple Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
- 1 box lemon cake mix plus ingredients to make
- 24 cupcake liners
- 1 c. unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 c. strawberry preserves
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 24 strawberries to garnish
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Remove from cupcake tins and place on wire rack to cool.
- With an electric hand mixer, beat butter till smooth. Add powdered sugar 1/2 c. at a time; add vanilla extract and strawberry preserves.
- Place frosting in a piping bag secured with a frosting tip (I used a Wilton 4B tip). Gently squeeze the frosting on each cupcake in a circular motion starting from the outside rim and working your way into the center. Top with a strawberry to garnish.
Don’t miss these other cupcake favorites!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020