Graveyard Cupcakes are the perfect treat for any Halloween party! They’re so easy to make and a lot of fun to display.
I’m so excited to be kicking off this year’s “30 Days of Halloween” series! Halloween is my favorite holiday and I’m so excited about all the fun projects coming your way over the next 30 days. Since I’m a fan of the cupcake, I thought it would be fun to create a fun Halloween cupcake that will be so easy to make for a Halloween party. Whether it be a school party, a kids or adult party at home, or just a treat to have after dinner in October, these cupcakes are super easy and festive for any occasion.
One thing that’s so great about these cupcakes is how they don’t have to look perfect. Not even a little bit. It’s a beautiful thing. You can be free to place the dirt (crushed up Oreos) wherever and allow that little pumpkin to become nice and dirty. Which is why I was also feeling fine when my RIP’s on the headstones weren’t looking the best. Thanks, creepy Halloween graveyards, for not being pretty! haha
Making the headstones turned into one of those “Whatever” moments when I realized the cookies weren’t all going to break perfectly in half for me. But then I remembered that a graveyard isn’t full of headstones of all the same size. And I really liked how each cupcake looked so different because of that!
- 1 chocolate cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 24 cupcake liners Halloween colors
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 package Keebler Vienna Fingers cookies
- 1 package Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1 sandwich Ziploc bag
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Remove from cupcake tins and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Remove the cream from one row of Oreo cookies. Place cookies in a food chopper and pulse till finely chopped into crumbs. You can also put them in a plastic bag and smash them. Set crumbs aside.
- Remove cream from at least six Vienna Fingers (depending on how good you are at breaking them in half). Break cookies in half to make 24 headstones. Set on a plate or piece of wax paper.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of chocolate frosting in the Ziploc bag. Cut a tiny hole at the end and squeeze frosting down toward it. Pipe the letters RIP on the front of each cookie headstone.
- Frost each cupcake with chocolate frosting using a butter knife. Press a cookie headstone into each cupcake and sprinkle with Oreo cookie crumbs to form a grave. Or sprinkle all over with Oreo cookie crumbs, depending on the look you want.
- Press a Mellowcreme Pumpkin onto each cupcake next to the headstone. Serve and enjoy!
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
This recipe is part of “30 Days of Halloween” here at Cupcake Diaries! And come back tomorrow for a super cute Halloween kitchen printable!
‘); // ]]>
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
I love it! Can’t wait to see what everyone else comes up with!!!
Lauren Allen says
Seriously adorable! Pinned!
Vanessa Barker says
These are so cute! What a fun idea for a cupcake.
aimee @ like mother like daughter says
Ca-ute! And simple too. Love it!
So cute Alli! Those would be so fun and simple to throw together for a class! Love them! I can’t wait to see the next 29 days! 😀
Becky @ Project Domestication says
Love me some cute Halloween cupcakes. Great idea…and those candy pumpkins… 🙂
Allison Miller says
Thanks, Becky! I’m surprised I had enough of those pumpkins for the cupcakes. I kept eating them as I went. ha!
Wow! These are so adorable and festive. They sound delicious, too!
Thanks so much, Kaitlyn!