Thinly sliced deli roast beef is layered between two hoagie buns and topped with perfectly melted swiss cheese. French Dip Sandwiches are an easy and delicious weeknight meal!
French dip sandwiches are one of those things that I love to make for dinner because they’re so easy, yet so delicious. For some families out there everyone’s busy schedules sometimes make it difficult to get dinner cooked and ready. But thanks to the deli at my grocery store, we have French Dip Sandwiches on a regular basis. They’re one of our favorite go-to meals when we need something fast.
French Dip Sandwiches
- 1 lb deli roast beef Just tell the butcher you want it sliced for French Dip Sandwiches.
- 2 packets Au jus gravy mix prepared
- 8 hoagie buns
- 8 square swiss cheese slices
- Open each hoagie bun and place inside up on a cookie sheet. Place to slices of roast beef on the bottom half of each bun. Break a swiss cheese slice in half and place the halves down the top half of the hoagie.
- Place prepared hoagie buns in the oven and broil until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with hot Au jus.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
So easy, yummy, kid friendly, and fast!
Looking for more quick weeknight meals? Here are more of our favorites…
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Brit O'Connor says
It’s by the spices at Wal Mart :). Love that stuff. Ha ha.
Debra Hawkins says
These look absolutely amazing! I love French Dip Sandwiches! I am going to try your version this week!
Thanks, Debra! I appreciate the comment!