Tender shredded beef packed into a burrito tortilla and topped with rice, black beans, taco sauce, and cheese. Restaurant-style burritos made at home!
We love having Mexican-inspired meals for dinner. Taco night is one of our favorites! We also love enjoying a smothered burrito at some of our favorite Mexican restaurants. This dinner idea was inspired by those tasty burritos we love to order when we’re out. Throw the meat in the crock pot in the morning and put the burritos together in the evening!
Shredded Beef Burritos
- 1-2 lb beef roast
- 1 12oz can Dr Pepper, Coke, or Root Beer
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8oz container green taco sauce
- 1 15.25oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. rice cooked
- 6 burrito size tortillas
- 1 1/2 c. Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 2-3 roma tomatoes diced
- Place roast in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper. Spread minced garlic over top and add soda. Set crock pot to low and cook for 5-5 1/2 hours.
- When beef is cooked, shred and set aside 2 cups for the burritos. Heat the tortillas in the microwave about 10 seconds at a time to soften. Layer burritos with rice, beans, and 1/4-1/3 cup meat down the center. Drizzle with a small amount of taco sauce and sprinkle with some of the cheese.
- Roll up burritos and place seam side down in a 9x13 pan. Pour more taco sauce over each burrito and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place in the oven on broil until the cheese melts. Serve with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes on the side.
So easy and crazy good! These burritos have so much flavor. They taste like something you’d get from a restaurant.
I hope you enjoy these burritos as much as we do!
Looking for more Mexican-inspired recipes? Here are some of our other favorites…
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021