I am a sucker for homemade bread. There is something about taking a loaf of fresh bread out of the oven and digging right into it. And yes, inhaling the entire thing in a day. I’m not saying that’s ever happened at my house. Ok, maybe a few times, but we can’t help ourselves! Then I go to a restaurant that serves bread before the meal and can’t get enough of that stuff either. The only problem is that I can’t just go home and make that one myself. Until now. Macaroni Grill fans, this copycat recipe is for you! After baking this bread, go get a bottle of balsamic vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil and you’ve got yourself a tasty little starter. This recipe comes from a friend named Jill. Thanks, Jill!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Dissolve yeast, sugar, and water in the bowl of your stand mixer. Add butter, salt, and 2 c. flour. Mix together.
- Add rosemary and rest of the flour. Mix for 5 minutes. Then cover up the bowl and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Split the dough in half and put on a cookie sheet. Let it rise for another 30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Brush with some melted butter and enjoy!
FYI Jill says she likes to double the recipe and make two massive loaves on the cookie sheet. The loaves are definitely really big! You can also double it and make four smaller loaves that are still pretty good size.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
This is incredibly delicious and spot on! I’m making it for the second time in a week already. Yum!
I made this tonight and it was so good! I am usually afraid to try any bread with yeast, it never works for me. But this was easy and turned out perfectly. Thank you!
Muffa Keller says
delish!! I sprinkled parmesan cheese along with the melted butter when it came out of the oven.
Ooh I love that idea! Thanks for sharing! I’m so glad you liked this recipe.