Valentine’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites are the perfect way to share the love this holiday! They’re salty, sweet, and so delicious.
We’re just days away from Valentine’s Day and we’re all ready with the kids’ school valentines! My five year old and three year old picked out character valentines from Target, and my seven year old hand made all of his valentines. He made 28 for his school class. He has way more creativity and drive than I do when it comes to that kind of thing! Valentine’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites sounded like a great treat to package up and give to the neighbors these last couple of weeks. These tasty little guys have the perfect combination of salty and sweet, crunchiness and chewiness. And they’re so pretty!
This recipe is great if you need a bunch of little treats at one time. They come together quickly and I usually double the recipe to make even more. Kind of a “one for you, two for me” type of situation. (Only kind of kidding.) I bought treat bags and packaged a bunch up for neighbors. Super easy and cute!
You can get these little treats done in an hour, start to finish. Most of the time is spent in the fridge letting the Rolos cool after they’re melted and the second pretzels are placed on top. After that it’s a matter of dipping in chocolate and topping with sprinkles. The almond bark and candy melts cool really quickly so you can make the treats, package them up, and deliver them all in the same day.
Here’s a step-by-step look at the process from my
Halloween Caramel Pretzel Bites:
So easy!! I love these treats and just want to eat them all when I make them. It sure is fun giving them away to our friends and neighbors though!
St. Patrick's Day Caramel Pretzel Bites
- small mixing bowl
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- silicone spatula
- 80 butter snap or snap pretzels
- 40 Rolo candies
- 12 oz white candy melts
- 12 oz green candy melts
- St. Patrick's Day sprinkles
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Place 40 pretzels on top of the cookie sheet. Cover each pretzel with a Rolo candy.
- Preheat the oven to 250° F. Place cookie sheet in the oven for 3 minutes to soften Rolos. Remove from the oven and cover each Rolo with another pretzel, like a sandwich. Place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Heat some of the white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, according to package directions, until melted. Dip a pretzel bite halfway into the bowl, place on the parchment paper, and top with sprinkles. Do this for 20 of the pretzel bites, or however many you want to be white. Heat green candy melts and repeat the dunking and sprinkle process with remaining pretzel bites. Cool completely and serve.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
Zurcher’s is the place to get candy melts for a great price! Just click the pictures below and you can purchase them through their website.
I hope you love this recipe! This is my favorite way to enjoy a little bit of salt and a little bit of sugar. Just 40 calories in one of these treats and a TON of fantastic flavor. Enjoy!
Here are some of my other favorite Valentine’s Day treats!
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!