All the elements of summer’s favorite flavor piled into one bowl! S’mores Muddy Buddies taste just like a gooey s’more in snack form.
Happy National S’mores Day! I can’t even explain how much I love desserts inspired by s’mores. Indoor S’mores, S’more Bars, and S’more Whoopie Pies are some of my very favorites. (You can find all my s’mores-inspired recipes here!) When I made a batch of these S’mores Muddy Buddies for the first time my husband reacted to the goodness in a way that I’ve never seen before. It’s safe to say that this is his favorite treat I’ve ever made.
I love this s’mores treat because it tastes so differently than the traditional Chex muddy buddies. I couldn’t stop eating it! This is a good recipe to make for a family reunion or pretty much any time.
S’mores Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips divided
- 1 c. marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, add 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, and butter. Microwave uncovered for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla then pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a 2-gallon resealable ziploc bag, or separate into two 1-gallon bags.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag(s) and shake until cereal is well coated. Spread on waxed paper and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and mallow bits. Cool then store in airtight container.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
Don’t miss these other s’mores-inspired recipe from some of my favorite bloggers!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020