Thank you to Ragu for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to pass on my family traditions!
Mini cheese ravioli are coated and fried to golden perfection then dipped in RAGU Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce. Fried Ravioli is a great appetizer or meal the whole family is going to love!
Every Christmas my family gets together for a party. My siblings and I bring our kids (all boys!) to our parents’ house and we wear pajamas the whole night. We’re all in charge of bringing different appetizers and treats for dinner and we enjoy one another’s company while eating and laughing all night long. It’s pretty much the perfect party! My recipe for Fried Ravioli was inspired by the wonderful Christmas parties I have with my family and the insane goodness that is the food table. I plan on changing things up this year and making this ravioli for the party with RAGU Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce for dipping. I sent my little sister a picture and she’s already excited for it!
To me, homestyle means family and traditions. This recipe and RAGU Homestyle sauces are just that. The Christmas party I have with my siblings, parents, and children is one of my favorite things I look forward to every year. And homestyle food is what we do! RAGU Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce is my sauce of choice for Fried Ravioli and so yummy for some of the other appetizers we serve at the party, including mozzarella sticks.
RAGU Homestyle sauces feature bold flavors and a special blend of herbs. Basil, oregano, and fennel, just to name a few! No artificial colors or flavors in these jars.
I love the way the sauce hugs the pasta. Just what you want in a good sauce! None of that runny stuff. We made Fried Ravioli with the RAGU Homestyle Thick and Hearty Sauce as part of our dinner and my family absolutely loved it. I will definitely be making them for parties in the future! Game Day, Christmas…This recipe is perfect for so many occasions.
- 1 24oz package frozen mini ravioli
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 c. half and half
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4. c. shredded parmesan cheese optional garnish
- 1 Tbsp parsley optional garnish
- 2 c. RAGU Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce
- Whisk together eggs and combine with half and half in a bowl. Place four in another bowl and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Place frozen ravioli one at a time in the egg mixture then coat in flour, then back in the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs to coat. Set on a plate and continue with remaining ravioli. Cover and place in the freezer until ready to fry or continue on to frying step.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan until bubbling, about 375°. Drop about 10 ravioli one at a time into the oil and fry until golden brown, turning partway for even frying. Carefully remove from oil and place on a plate covered with paper towel. After all ravioli are fried, place on a platter and sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve in ramekins with RAGU Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce .
So perfectly crispy, golden, and delicious!
You can find more fantastic RAGU recipes just by clicking here!
You could win everything you need to make your own Fried Ravioli for dinner for your family or for a holiday party! Prize package includes a 5-quart saute pan, strainer ladle, and 6 ramekins for the sauce. Here’s how to enter: Simply click here and leave a comment below telling me which sauce you would serve with your Fried Ravioli.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021