I also love rocky road ice cream. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have some in my freezer right now. These brownies taste like the goodness that is a bowl of rocky road ice cream. I love that combo!
I know what you’re thinking and I totally agree. I would eat that entire plate if no one was watching. I love how the chunks of walnuts and marshmallows poke through here and there. My mouth is watering right now!
Rocky Road Brownies
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. butter melted
- 6 T. cocoa
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. walnuts chopped
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
For the Frosting
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa
- 3 Tbsp
- Combine sugar and butter in an electric mixer; add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, cocoa, and flour; combine well.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 23-25 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from oven and cover with marshmallows. Place back in the oven for two more minutes, or until marshmallows start to get puffy. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Time to make the frosting! Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat; add cocoa and milk. Bring to a boil and add powdered sugar. Drizzle over brownies while hot, allowing some of the marshmallows to show through.
- Let cool before cutting. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this brownie recipe as much as I do! Here are two more of my favorites:
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020