This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Recently I took a trip with my kids to my hometown in Idaho to stay with my family. We were heading into town and I decided to call my mom to let her know we were getting closer. We talked for a few minutes then right before hanging up my mom said, “Hey, can you stop at the store for me before you get here? I’m out of Brookside chocolate.” That’s my mom! Brookside chocolate lover through and through.
She was pretty excited when I recently told her that Brookside has new chocolate products! My family and I have been making ice cream lately and thought it would be super yummy to make an ice cream featuring some of these new Brookside products.
I think the hardest part of this recipe was trying to decide which products to use. I stood there with my husband at Target and read him the names of each of the new Brookside chocolate bars: Blueberry and Cranberry Almond Family Bar, Cranberry Almond Family Bar, Mango Coconut Family Bar, and Summer Berry Family Bar. Not to mention the three new real fruit and whole nut pouches! All of these new flavors are sold exclusively at Target. How do you choose between Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds, Dark Chocolate Blueberry, and Milk Chocolate Covered Almonds? I’m sure a few people thought we were crazy putting that much time into our decision.
We landed on the decision to use the Mango Coconut Family Bar and Milk Chocolate Covered Almonds for this delectable ice cream recipe. You’re going to love how easy it is!
Begin by chopping the Mango Coconut Family Bar into chunks. Just opening the chocolate bar brings such an amazing aroma. I love the flavor of these chocolate chunks in the ice cream. And they had great texture to the ice cream.
Place heavy whipping cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on high for two to three minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
Place sweetened condensed milk, coconut extract, and chocolate bar chunks in a medium bowl and combine well. Pour this mixture in with the whipped cream and fold together. Melt chocolate covered almonds in the microwave till smooth and creamy.
Pour 1/3 of the ice cream mixture into a 1.5 qt bread pan. Drizzle the top with the desired amount of melted chocolate. Add another 1/3 of the ice cream mixture over the drizzle of chocolate. Add more melted chocolate then cover with the remaining ice cream mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the freezer for at least 8 hours, or over night.
This is such a fun and easy recipe for entertaining. And it makes enough servings for a group! If you need more you can make a second batch in another bread pan and freeze it. So easy and perfect for a party!
Coconut Ice Cream with Mango Coconut Chocolate Chunks
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 Brookside Mango Coconut Family Bar cut into chunks
- 1 pouch Brookside Milk Chocolate Covered Almonds melted
- Place heavy whipping cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on high 2-3 minutes, or until peaks form; set aside
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut extract, and chocolate chunks in a mixing bowl. Pour contents in with the whipped cream and carefully fold together until combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the creamy mixture into a 1.5 quart bread pan. Drizzle 1/3 melted chocolate almonds over the mixture and cover with 1/3 more. Add more melted chocolate and cover with more of the creamy mixture. Top with remaining melted chocolate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 8 hours, or overnight. Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out your Cartwheel app for any upcoming Brookside chocolate offers!
Follow Brookside Chocolate on Facebook to keep up to date on Brookside products and others ways to enjoy Brookside chocolate!
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
David @ Spiced says
Woah! It’s been crazy hot here lately, and the thought of a big bowl of this ice cream is making me really happy! This flavor combination sounds amazing! #client
It looks so creamy and delicious! I love trying new ice cream recipes, this one is going on my list for sure!