I just love homemade pizza! It’s one of my favorite comfort foods. We enjoy making pizzas together as a family and letting our oldest help put the toppings on. He especially loves to put the cheese on the pizza! We made this Pizza Margherita for dinner a few weeks ago and it was so good. I want to make it for dinner again soon! So easy and so delicious.
- 1 Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough (or your favorite pizza dough)
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (You can also use minced garlic or garlic powder.)
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced (Be sure to cut the tomato slices nice and thin. If they’re too thick they’ll make the pizza soggy.)
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 basil leaves, cut into strips
Preheat oven to 400°. If you have a baking stone, place it in the oven while the oven is preheating. If you don’t, grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the dough out. Brush olive oil over the dough with a pastry brush.
Place the garlic all over the dough then add the thinly sliced tomatoes. Combine half the mozzarella cheese and half the parmesan cheese then sprinkle over the dough. Next, add the basil strips to the pizza, as well as the rest of the cheese.
Bake for about 11 minutes or until the crust turns a golden brown (if you’re using the Pillsbury thin crust dough), or bake according to the directions for the dough you’re using. Enjoy!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020