Chocolate and peanut butter were meant to be together. And these brownies prove that! This perfectly moist and chewy brownie is packed full of chopped up peanut butter cups, then topped with a deliciously creamy peanut butter frosting. Oooooohhhhhhh maaaaaaaaan.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. butter melted (or 1 c. applesauce, for lighter brownies)
- 6 T. cocoa
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 20 miniature peanut butter cup candies quartered
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 2 c. powdered sugar
For the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a stand mixer or electric hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and cocoa. Mix together until combined.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix until combined. Stir in the peanut butter cup pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter in a greased 9x13 pan and bake 30-35 minutes.
For the Frosting:
- Cream butter and peanut butter together with a hand mixer until nice and smooth.
- Add vanilla and 2 Tbsp milk; combine well.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 a cup at a time until all mixed in. Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp milk and combine well.
- Frost the entire surface of cooled brownies. Cut into 24 brownies. Enjoy!
And because it’s National Peanut Butter Day, some of my blogger friends and I have come together with 9 different delicious peanut butter recipes! Don’t they look amazing? Scroll down below the picture for the links!
Peanut Butter “Cheese” Ball from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting from Cupcake Diaries
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Energy Bites from Happy Food Healthy Life
Avalanche Bars from Real Mom Kitchen
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake from Creations by Kara
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars from Summer Scraps
Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Ice Cream Ashlee Marie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip from Butter with a Side of Bread
Copycat Jamba Juice Chocolate Peanut Butter Moo’d Smoothie from Tried and Tasty