Perfectly chewy cookies are baked with an abundance of patriotic M&M’s instead of chocolate chips. These tasty cookies will be the best you eat all summer!
The Fourth of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays. We make the drive to Idaho to spend a few days with family and light off fireworks, attend the parade, have bbq’s, and just laugh together. These parties and gatherings wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have patriotic treats! M&M cookies are probably my very favorite kind of cookie. And any time I see a bag of patriotic M&M’s at the grocery store I immediately grab them! That bag I bought a few weeks ago was just begging to be thrown into a batch of cookie dough.
This is one of those cookie recipes that will make you close your eyes when you take your first bite. The dough alone is absolutely divine! If the dough actually makes it to the pan and into cookie form, you’re going to be in heaven with the finished product. I’m slightly obsessed with these cookies. And you can make them for any holiday with different holiday M&M’s!
Patriotic M&M Cookies
- 1 c. butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. red whtie, and blueM&M's
- Cream together butter and both sugars; add egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, and pudding. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, then slowly add flour.
- Add M&M's to the dough with a wooden spoon. Cover and place in the refrigerator while the oven heats to 375°.
- Drop dough by the spoonful or with a cookie scoop onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you love this cookie recipe as much as I do! They’re seriously my favorite.
Looking for more recipes for your red, white, and blue celebration? Here are more of my favorites!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020