It’s Day 21 of “30 Days of Halloween” 2016 and I’m sharing a super fun and easy Halloween cake! All you need is a cake mix and few other ingredients to make this frightfully fun Monster Bundt Cake. Everything is better with candy eyeballs!
Halloween desserts are hands down my favorite. I love the colors and the personality you can put into them! As I’m sure you can tell, I had a blast with this Monster Bundt Cake. I think the most exciting part was listening to the cake fall out of the bundt pan and onto the plate. Then everything after that was just a party! There’s nothing worse than a cake sticking to the pan.
You’re going to absolutely love how easy this cake is to make. All you need is a cake mix, a few things to add to the cake mix, one can of frosting, and then food coloring and candy eyeballs. It’s pretty darn fantastic. My kids had so much fun watching me decorate it! (We’ll make another one that I don’t have to photograph that they can decorate.) 🙂
Monster Bundt Cake
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 16oz can vanilla frosting
- neon food coloring orange, purple, green
- 1 package large candy eyeballs
- 1 package small candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place cake mix in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, and eggs and blend for two minutes on medium speed.
- Pour cake batter in a well greased bundt pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool then invert onto a plate.
- Divide frosting into three bowls and add a different color of food coloring to each. Heat one at a time in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it nice and smooth. Place in a plastic sandwich bag and cut a tiny hole in one of the corners. Drizzle frosting over the cake. Repeat with remaining two colors. Add eyeballs all over the cake immediately after adding the frosting. Serve and enjoy!
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s so fun and easy for dessert on Halloween.
This recipe is part of “30 Days of Halloween” 2016 here at Cupcake Diaries.
Take a look below at the other spooktacular recipes and printables featured in this year’s series!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- St. Patrick’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites - March 9, 2020
- St. Patrick’s Day Dipped Oreos - March 2, 2020
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020