This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhereFunBegins #CollectiveBias
Tender grilled chicken is tossed with a zesty orange teriyaki sauce and placed on a bed of white rice.
It’s almost summer and we’re using our grill like crazy! We’ve loved this warm weather and being outside cooking dinner on the grill while the kids run around and play. We’re all about having a fun drink while we’re outside enjoying the weather. SunnyD is one of my kids’ favorites for fun in the sun! The little bottles are the perfect size for them and so yummy. SunnyD is just a fun drink for the summer.
My husband and I just laugh as we sit with the kids enjoying our SunnyD in the backyard, reminiscing about our childhood and how he can still recite all the old SunnyD commercials. It’s so fun that we get to share one of our favorite drinks we had as kids with our own children 20+ years later! And they love it just as much as we did when we were kids. You can’t help but smile when you drink a SunnyD!
We went to Sam’s Club and got a 24ct. pack of SunnyD. It’s in a new location and easy to find on an end-cap in the refrigerator section. You can get it for that awesome rollback price of only $5.38 until August! Perfect to get stocked up for summer.
We’ve been enjoying SunnyD as a drink, but we’ve also been cooking with it. Most recently we made this yummy grilled chicken and the kids loved it!
The sauce is so sweet and tangy. It tastes so good with the SunnyD in it. The kids thought it was pretty cool that we used it in our dinner. Both of the kids ended up having seconds. Win!
Grilled Orange Teriyaki Chicken and Rice
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. SunnyD
- 1/2 c. orange marmalade
- 1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. rice cooked
- Salt and pepper each chicken breast and place on the grill. Cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Whisk SunnyD, marmalade, teriyaki, and honey in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to low. Simmer for 7-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Slice chicken and place in a bowl. Pour sauce over the chicken and stir to coat. Serve over cooked rice.
Did you drink SunnyD as a kid? Have you ever used it in a recipe?
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021