Crispy fried chicken made at home! So tender and juicy, you’ll want to make this recipe over and over again.
- 3 c. buttermilk
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 lb. chicken thighs, wings, breasts
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 3/4 c. water
- 8-10 c. canola oil
- Prepare marinade by mixing buttermilk, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Allow chicken to sit at room temperature about 30 minutes on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet before frying.
- Prepare batter by whisking together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in water.
- Heat the oil to 350°F in a large pot or dutch oven. Place half the chicken in the batter and remove one piece at a time to the oil. Fry the chicken to a deal golden brown, about 12 minutes. Adjust burner level as needed to keep oil temperature even.
- Place chicken on paper towels to drain. Transfer to a wire rack set over ea cookie sheet and sprinkle with a small amount of salt. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021