Bring the flavors of the Italian countryside to your kitchen with Tuscan Chicken Pasta! It’s so delicious and tastes like it came from a restaurant.
I worked at a country Italian restaurant for ten years and absolutely loved it. I started out as a hostess and a table tender (busser) then eventually became a server, bartender, and key employee. It was a busy place to be and so much fun. I made so many great friends by working there and I miss them so much!
Since working at that restaurant, I have loved creating copycat versions of some of my favorite dishes, including Bowtie Festival, Italian Chili, and Spicy Shrimp and Chicken. This Tuscan Chicken Pasta recipe was something that my husband and I made and decided it would totally be worthy of sitting on a country Italian restaurant menu. It’s os delicious and really easy to make!
You can serve this dish family style off of a platter (like pictured above), or dish everyone up at the stove and serve. My kids aren’t big spinach eaters, but they eat spinach when it’s in this dish. (High fives to all the parents!) The pasta doesn’t have an extra sauce you have to make. It comes together as you cook the extra virgin olive oil together with the veggies, bacon, and marjoram. This recipe doesn’t call for any cream or extras like that so it’s a great alternative to a creamy pasta dish, but tastes just as good!
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb spaghetti uncooked
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c bacon sliced and uncooked
- 1 lb grape tomatoes sliced
- 3 c spinach leaves
- 2 tsp dried marjoram or marjoram powder
- 2 chicken breasts 8 oz grilled and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c Italian blend cheese grated
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. While the pasta is cooking, place olive oil in a medium sized skillet and heat over medium. Add the bacon and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spinach; toss and simmer for 5 minutes. Add marjoram and stir everything together; continue to simmer and add chicken and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce mixture. Stir in cheese right before serving.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you love this dish as much as we do!
Looking for more delicious pasta dishes to make for the family? Here are some of our favorites…
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020