Pasta cooked al dente in a creamy cheese sauce…in the crock pot! This mac and cheese is topped with bread crumbs for added crunch and flavor.
Last month I shared this recipe for Crock Pot Mac and Cheese over at Mom It Forward. In case you missed it over there, I wanted to share it with you here!
My crock pot and I are pretty good pals. We see each other on a regular basis and I can count on it to always be a good friend and help me make dinner. I love using my crock pot! I especially love using it on days when I can’t seem to get life in order and stay organized enough to get dinner on the table.
Days like these call for a delicious crock pot recipe. This Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is cheesy and creamy with a little bit of crunch from the bread crumbs on top. The kids love it as much as my husband and I love it! It’s a winning dinner for the whole family.
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1 box penne pasta
- 2 c. milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/4 c. butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 c. Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine both milks, eggs, melted butter, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Place milk mixture in the crock pot and add Italian blend cheese and pasta. Sprinkle with pepper and stir.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of pasta. Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours.
- In a saute pan, combine bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp butter. Saute until brown.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over mac and cheese and cook on low for 30 more minutes.
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021