I was on Pinterest a week or so ago when I was going through a mad taco craving. Everything I was pinning had to do with tacos or some form of Mexican food. I came across this recipe for Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps and my mouth started to water. I knew then that this recipe was meant for me and we needed to have them for dinner. I’ve made them twice in the last two weeks. And we’ve had leftovers each time so that’s saying something! These wraps are ready in a snap and I love the crunch. The flavor tastes like something straight out of a restaurant. And they’re pretty friendly for all of us counting calories these days. Even better!
Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- 1 c. cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
- 1 c. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 red or green pepper, diced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 c. shredded cheese (I used a Monterrey/cheddar blend but Mexican blend is a good one for these too.)
- sour cream (optional)
**I decided not to put the pepper in this dish so everyone was happy. For those who wanted it, I added tomatoes or salsa when building each individual wrap instead. It worked out great and everyone was indeed happy!
**And one more side note. The original recipe calls for burrito size tortillas and it will make 6 wraps with those. I bought medium sized tortillas and we’ve been able to make about 10 wraps with them. And they’re still nice and filling.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020