Thank you to Blendtec for generously providing the items for this giveaway! The recipe and opinions in this post are 100% mine.
There is so much goodness happening today! You would think it was a Friday and not a Monday. Not only am I sharing an AMAZING soup recipe with you, I’m also giving you the opportunity to win a brand new Blendtec blender! It’s a good Monday!
I love tomato basil soup. It’s probably one of my very favorite soups I’ve had. My husband isn’t a fan of tomato soups, but he humored me when I told him I wanted to test out a creamy tomato basil soup idea. And boy, was he glad I did! I was thrilled when not only my husband loved this soup, but my two oldest sons loved it as well. Win! The boys especially loved dipping rolls in their soup.
This soup is so creamy and comforting. It’s perfect for a cold day and it’s nice and filling. Just enough to keep you warm and toasty!
And you know me. If a recipe isn’t easy, it isn’t worth it! This recipe tastes like it’s been cooking for hours and came from a restaurant. But really it took about 45 minutes from prep time to eating time and comes from your kitchen. I’m already excited to make this again!
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 c. prepared chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 c. pesto
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Place olive oil in a pot and heat on medium. When oil is hot, add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add chicken stock, pesto, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil then turn heat down; let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place soup in an immersion blender and blend to chop up onions and make a smooth soup. Place back in the pot and stir in cream; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!
And now it’s time for a pretty fabulous giveaway! This Blendtec Designer 675 will be perfect for this soup recipe, as well as other fabulous recipes. This is the blender of all blenders! The winner will also receive a twister. You’ll be all set! Talk about a great prize pack!
To enter, use the Rafflecopter below. This giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only and will end January 26th at midnight. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway