This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
I love Valentine’s Day. Even when I was single I loved it! There are so many people that I love and it’s so fun having a holiday to celebrate that. Today I’m sharing a yummy treat featuring two of the best Valentine’s Day flavor combos: chocolate and strawberries! You can’t get much better than a chocolate dipped strawberry on Valentine’s Day.
M&M’s® just got a little more exciting with their new M&M’s® Strawberry candies. They’re the perfect treat for these cupcakes! They taste like classic M&M’s® with just the right amount of strawberry flavor. They add color, flavor, and texture in all the best ways.
I went to Walmart and easily found the new M&M’s® Strawberry in the seasonal candy aisle. The brightly colored bag sure is pretty!
The cupcakes were so fun to put together.
Begin by baking the cupcakes and frosting with a creamy and delicious chocolate buttercream frosting.
Then add M&M’s® Strawberry candies around the outer edge of the frosting.
Top with a chocolate dipped strawberry for a finishing touch!
These cupcakes are a perfect way to show love and appreciation to spouses and partners, friends, co-workers, and others this Valentine’s Day!
DOVE® Valentine’s Day tins and American Greetings® Valentine’s Day greeting cards are also great ways to show love this Valentine’s Day. I know my kids would absolutely love a tin full of DOVE® Milk Chocolate Truffle Hearts! And my husband has kept every greeting card I’ve ever given him. An American Greetings® Valentine’s Day greeting card will be perfect for him.
The cupcakes, DOVE® Valentine’s Day tins, and American Greetings® Valentine’s Day greeting cards are perfect together or as separates for gifts this Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 M&M's® Strawberry 8 oz bag
- 24 cupcake liners
- 24 strawberries
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Prepare muffin tins by placing cupcake liners into each spot.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, and 1/2 c. vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients. Mix for two minutes on medium speed.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare frosting by placing the butter in a medium bowl and creaming with an electric mixer. Add 2 Tbsp milk, vanilla, and cocoa. Combine well and add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and remaining 2 Tbsp milk.
- Place frosting in a piping bag or gallon ziplock bag fixed with preferred icing tip. Pipe frosting evenly onto each cupcake. Press with 7 or 8 M&M's® Strawberry candies around the edge of the frosting.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir, then heat for 30 more seconds if the chocolate isn't smooth. Add vegetable oil and stir together.
- Place chocolate into a cup and dip clean strawberries in to coat. Place on a piece of wax paper to cool.
- Add a dipped strawberry to each cupcake. Package up and give to friends and family for the perfect Valentine's Day treat!
Now you can save $1.00 on ANY TWO (2) M&M’s(R) Brand Chocolate Candies, 8oz or larger. Go snag some of these candies and make these cupcakes for Valentine’s Day!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019