The recommendation for this recipe is to take two chicken breasts and slice them in half, making four smaller chicken breasts. The chicken will be cooking in your pan, so these small pieces of chicken will allow for a quicker cook time. This dish smells SO yummy. As the sauce was coming together I felt like I was at Johnny Carino’s, the Italian restaurant I worked at for 10 years. There was something about this dish that smelled like something made at the restaurant. Then it dawned on me: Stuffed Mushrooms. The sauce tastes very similar to the lemon basil cream sauce poured over the Stuffed Mushrooms at Carino’s. Yum!!! Such a good sauce.
A few notes:
- The small back of basil found in the produce section at Walmart was perfect for this dish. It was the exact amount I needed.
- I recommend using Panko bread crumbs. The flavor of the Panko bread crumbs is just way better than other brands, in my opinion. And they’re not expensive so you don’t have to spend much to get a better flavor.
- We served our chicken with green salad, but this would be really good served with pasta. There’s plenty of sauce to toss with pasta or to pour over pasta.
I would love for you to share this recipe on Facebook or pin it to one of your Pinterest boards!
Chicken in Basil Cream
The first thing you want to do is get all the ingredients prepped and ready to go, separating each into different bowls. (I just threw the black pepper on top of the parmesan cheese because they were going in at the same time.)
Chicken in Basil Cream
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half to make 4 breasts
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. diced roma tomatoes
- 1/4 c. fresh basil minced
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Begin by prepping all ingredients, separating each into different bowls.
- Heat a saute pan over medium to medium high heat. Add half the butter to the saute pan. Dip each piece of chicken in the milk, then into the bread crumbs. Place the chicken in the saute pan. Cook it for 5 minutes then turn over.
- Add the rest of the butter and cook for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is done. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in heavy cream and tomatoes. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat. Add Parmesan, basil, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve the chicken with sauce poured over the top.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021