A cookie crust is layered with tart cherry pie filling and topped with more crust and a sweet glaze. A perfect alternative to pie!
Whenever my husband’s birthday rolls around, he always asks for pie instead of birthday cake. Last year I made him Semi-Homemade Apple Pie and he was in heaven. I wasn’t at all surprised when he told me that National Pie Day was his favorite food holiday! To celebrate, I’ve made a yummy Cherry Pie Bars recipe that I’m so excited to share. It’s a goody!
These bars have a sweet cookie crust, a layer of cherry pie filling, and more cookie crust on top. And I can’t forget about the decadent glaze on top! These are such a yummy alternative to pie.
Cherry Pie Bars
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. flour
- 1 21oz can cherry pie filling
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with aluminum foil. Lightly spray it with cooking spray; set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Scrape the bowl and add eggs one at a time; add vanilla and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together baking powder and flour. Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Remove 1/2 c. of the dough and set aside.
- Press remaining dough into prepared baking dish. Pour cherry pie filling over dough and spread to cover. Drop remaining 1/2 c. dough over the pie filling.
- Bake 50-55 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by whisking milk and powdered sugar with a fork. Drizzle glaze over cooled bars. Cut and serve.
So yummy! If you’re a fan of cherry pie, you definitely need to try these bars.
And because it’s National Pie Day, I’ve got more pie recipes for you! Just click the link below each image to be directed to the recipe. Enjoy!
Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Pecan Hand Pies // Tried and Tasty
Lemon Pie Bars // One Sweet Appetite
No Bake Chocolate Mint Oreo Pie // Life Made Sweeter
Irish Cream Pies // Sugar & Soul
No Bake Strawberry Lemon Cream Pie // A Kitchen Addiction
Samoa Pie // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Mile High Fudge Brownie Pie // A Dash of Sanity
Cherry Pie Bars // Cupcake Diaries
Caramel Banana Cream Pie // Like Mother Like Daughter
Coconut Cream Pie // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie // The Love Nerds
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
I love how pie can be interpreted in so many ways and these bars look insanely delicious!
Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] says
I’ll take a warm Cherry Pie Pie with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream a’la mode please. Thank you! My mouth is legit watering right now…
Haha! You got it!!
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
I love that you did a cookie crust instead of the traditional pie crust. These would not last long at our house!
Thanks, Amber! I had to plate them up and give them out so I wouldn’t eat them all. ha!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Love the cookie crust! These bars look amazing!
Thanks so much, Jessica!
That glaze on top pulls me in. I’m not a big cherry pie fan but would definitely give these a try!
aimee @ like mother like daughter says
Mmm I wish I had one of these right now! They look amazing!