Donuts remind me so much of when I was a kid. My dad used to take us fishing on Saturday mornings and we always stopped at the gas station to fill up and get donuts. Donut holes were my favorite!
These donut holes are baked and not fried. Which means easier and less scary! Frying scares me! All you need is a few ingredients and a mini muffin tin. These donut holes are perfectly yummy, fluffy, and SO good. I already can’t wait to make them again.
Baked Powdered Sugar Donut Holes
- 3 Tbsp butter softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. milk
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- With an electric mixer, cream together softened butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and milk. Stir in baking powder, salt, and flour with a spoon until combined. **Do not over mix or your donut holes will become dense.**
- Grease a mini muffin tin and fill each spot with batter 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 10 minutes at 400°, or until the edges become a light brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place melted butter and powdered sugar in separate bowls. Dunk each donut hole completely into the butter then place in the powdered sugar bowl and coat. Set on a cooling rack for the coating to dry.
Don’t miss these other fabulous donut recipes for National Donut Day! If you need me, I’ll be baking my way through this list.
Homemade Cronuts from Ashlee Marie
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts from Creations by Kara
Baked Powdered Sugar Donut Holes from Cupcake Diaries
Easy 15-Minute Maple Bars from Butter with a Side of Bread
Chocolate Glazed Donuts from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Easy Jelly Filled Donuts from Like Mother Like Daughter
Baked Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Donuts from Tried and Tasty
Lightened Up Strawberry Lemonade Donut Ice Cream from Happy Food Healthy Life
Easy Custard Bismarks from Real Mom Kitchen
Easy Chocolate Glazed Donuts from Summer Scraps
3-Ingredient Pumpkin Donuts from Real Mom Kitchen
Biscuit Fritters from Real Mom Kitchen
Apple Fritters from Real Mom Kitchen
Homemade Glazed Donuts from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Maple Donuts from Like Mother Like Daughter
Coconut Lime Donuts from Happy Food Healthy Life
Maple Bacon Donuts from Ashlee Marie
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021