Every Sunday I like to have a yummy dinner for my family to eat after church. Most of the time it’s something in the crock pot that’s all ready for us by the time we get home. Our church services start at 1pm, so last Sunday I got REALLY brave and decided to make a yummy lunch BEFORE church. I thought for sure it would be a disaster in the making because I wanted to make this incredibly delicious Baked Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Dish. I was pretty sure we’d be late for church waiting for it to get out of the oven then have to wait till after church to eat it because we ran out of time. (That never happens, right?)
I created this fantastic dinner idea in my head the week before, and little did I know how easy it was actually going to be to make. Let’s just say I was able to prep this meal, get kids ready for church, talk to my twin sister on the phone, AND bake it. All before church! And we weren’t late! We had lunch with a good 20 minutes to spare.
In other words, this is a fast meal that the whole family is going to LOVE. We love stuffed pasta like tortellinis so it was extra delicious. And it was an easy way to get my kids to eat some spinach! I wasn’t so successful with the tomatoes this time around. Maybe next time!
Baked Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
- 9 oz package Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- 15 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 8 oz chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1 c. spinach leaves shredded
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook the tortellini for two minutes less than time given on package. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Carefully stir in chicken cubes, spinach, tomatoes, and alfredo sauce until combined.
- Place mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over pasta to cover.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020