This is a paid conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and texts are all mine.
My childhood consisted of hearty meals and dishes that were kid friendly and so yummy. My mom made it a point to make meals that everyone would love. Our favorites were the pasta dishes! Baked Cheesy Tortellini is something that my mom would have made my siblings and I for dinner and a meal my kids absolutely love.
I wish everyone could have a childhood like I had. It was so ideal in every way. I grew up with an older brother, a twin sister, and a younger brother and sister. We have so many memories of building forts, riding bikes, and playing silly games together. While we often got in trouble for this and that, it was still the best childhood we could have imagined.
Some of my favorite memories happened in the kitchen with our mom and dad. My parents made us tasty creations that we could all enjoy around the dinner table. Our favorite meal was spaghetti and meat sauce. My twin sister always slurped the noodles and got sauce on her chin and nose. We can’t eat spaghetti without bringing that up to her.
This pasta dish is inspired by our favorite meal of the week and my twin sister’s sauce covered nose and chin. I used Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Pasta Sauce. The flavor reminds me so much of what my mom used to make. It takes me right back to my childhood home and spaghetti night with my family. I feel like I’m passing on the memories to my own kids by serving them this yummy sauce.
One of my favorite things about this dish is how easy it is to make. It only takes a few simple steps and in less than 20 minutes dinner is ready. It’s a beautiful thing!
The sauce is thicker and heartier so it hugs the pasta better. I’ve had pasta sauce that ends up watery and super thin. This sauce is the exact opposite of that and stays nice and thick.
Baked Cheesy Tortellini
- 1 20 oz package cheese tortellini
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese grated
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Pour pasta sauce into a large saute pan and heat over medium till hot. Add tortellini and gently stir into the sauce.
- Pour pasta and sauce mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese evenly over pasta. Set the oven to broil and place baking dish in the oven. Heat until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as we do! Ragu Homestyle Sauce makes this dish extra homey and delicious.
GIVEAWAY – Which Ragu Homestyle Sauce are you most looking forward to trying? Click HERE to see the sauce flavors then leave a comment with one of the Ragu Homestyle Sauce flavors below to be entered to win a 5-blade spiralizer! (Must comment with a Ragu Homestyle Sauce flavor for entry to be valid.)
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020