I love that whenever one of my fabulous blog readers leaves me a comment it comes straight to my e-mail inbox. I like to reply to all of my comments via e-mail, but if you’re a No-Reply blogger your comments have to be responded to on the blog post instead.
What the heck does that mean, you ask? A No-Reply blogger means that when you leave a comment and it comes to my e-mail, I reply to it and that e-mail I send ends up in a big black hole somewhere in the universe instead of right back to you. Bummer deal.
Luckily this is a very easy fix! And honestly, you don’t even have to fix it if you don’t want to. But if you’re expecting a response to your comments, you’ll want to fix it to ensure you get a response. For comments from No-Reply bloggers, I respond directly under the comment on the blog post, but you don’t see the response unless you keep checking back to see if I’ve responded yet. And that’s just a pain for you!
The first thing to do is figure out if you’re a No-Reply blogger:
- Leave a comment on your own blog.
- Check your e-mail to see if you received the comment.
- Check to see who the e-mail is from. If you see your e-mail address, you’re good to go! If it says “firstname.lastname@example.org” you are a No-Reply blogger.
If you have a Google+ profile, follow steps 1-8.
If you have a blogger profile, follow steps 4-6.
Step 1: Go to your blogger dashboard
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner.
- Choose “Revert to Blogger Profile” (This is just a temporary change)
Step 2: Switch your profile
- Click on “Switch to a limited Blogger profile”
Step 3: Confirm your profile
- Fill in “Display Name”
- Click “Continue to Blogger”
Step 4: Go back to Blogger dashboard
- Click on your name in the upper right corner.
- Select “Blogger Profile” in the drop down box.
Step 5: Edit your profile
- Click “Edit Profile” in the upper right corner.
Step 6: Changing email settings
- Check the box “Show my email address”
- Click “Save Profile” at the bottom of the page.
Step 7: Switching back to Google+
- Go back to your blog’s dashboard.
- Click on “Google+”
- On the next page click on “Upgrade to Google+”
Step 8: Connect to Google+
- Check the box at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Switch Now”