My crock pot and I are besties. We have our weekly lunch dates (sometimes more than one a week) where I pull it out of the pantry and throw dinner ingredients inside. It sits on my counter all afternoon, cooking our dinner and doing all the work for me.
I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for WEEKS! But I wanted to get the exact BBQ sauce it calls for from Target and our Target has been out. One night I asked my husband to stop by Target on the way home from work to see if it was in stock and sure enough, it was. Happy day!
I love this recipe for three reasons. One, it gets cooked in the crock pot. An obvious pro. Two, it only requires three ingredients (four if you count the rice). And three, it’s delicious! We all loved it, including my picky toddler.
Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
Six Sisters’ Stuff
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 1 bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style BBQ Sauce (from Target)
- 1 – 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
Place chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour in the sauce. Empty the can of drained pineapple chunks on top. Cook on low 5-5 1/2 hours if using frozen chicken, 4 hours if using thawed chicken. Shred the chicken while still in the crock pot to coat it well with sauce. Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020