There are endless ways of making a shepherds pie. This kid-friendly recipe will have your kids asking for seconds and thirds!
Growing up my mom catered to her kids and made her shepherd’s pie very kid friendly. Which we all appreciated! Now it’s time to pass on the torch to other moms who are looking for another meal that the kids will like. I love my mom and I appreciate that she always tried to make us all happy when it came to dinner time. And still does! She’s the best. Mom’s Shepherd’s Pie is a recipe that I have made for my kids multiple times because they love it so much. It’s really easy and a family favorite.
There are all kinds of shepherd’s pie recipes out there, but this is about as kid friendly as they come! Cheese, potatoes, corn, and beef. That’s it! So easy and so yummy.
This is one of our go-to recipes when we’re drawing a blank on what to make for dinner. I love brainstorming with my husband every week and figuring out a plan for the week’s meals. This one regularly pops up on the regular, along with Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, French Dip Sandwiches, and Baked Cheesy Tortellini. Three more easy recipes we can’t get enough of!
Mom’s Shepherds Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 14 oz can creamed corn
- 1 - 1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese grated
- 4 russet potatoes mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large saute pan, cook the ground beef and drain the grease; add creamed corn. Stir and allow to heat together.
- Pour beef mixture into an 7x11 glass casserole dish and spread to cover the bottom. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top then cover potatoes with grated cheese.
- Place dish in the oven and heat until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed to make this recipe:
Kid-friendly recipes are the greatest. Especially when it’s a recipe my husband and I love as well. Serve this shepherd’s pie with a side salad and you’ve got yourself a meal. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
I can’t let you go without giving you some more kid-friendly dinner ideas! Here are some of our favorites…
More Kid Favorites
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019