The best summer desserts are the ones that keep you cool. Amirite? As much as I’m LOVING these triple-digit days, it sure is nice to cool off with a refreshing treat. Watermelon Granita is the perfect way to do that! It’s light, refreshing, and SO yummy.
This recipe makes a nice sized pan full of granita to serve a crowd. So perfect for a summer party! Keep it in the freezer and pull it out till you’re ready to serve.
Store any leftovers in a tupperware container or another container with a lid that can go in the freezer. You’re going to love this refreshing treat!
- 8 c. watermelon cut into chunks
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan; stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Blend watermelon a little at a time in a blend. Pour in a large bowl and continue till all watermelon is blended. Add lemon juice and sugar mixture; stir together.
- Pour watermelon mixture into a 9x13 pan pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 7 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and mix around with a fork to break it up. Serve with an ice cream scoop into bowls.
Looking for more summer treat ideas that don’t require you turning on an oven? Here are more of my favorites!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021