When I think of Valentine’s Day desserts, I think of chocolate. Let’s be honest, I think of chocolate all the time, every day. I even told my brand new niece about some of the things she has to look forward to: Diet Pepsi, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and chocolate of any kind. Some might say I’m a chocoholic. And since another one of my loves is cupcakes, I thought it would be a great idea to make an ultimate chocolate version! If you love chocolate desserts, you NEED to make these cupcakes. They’re decadent, chocolatey, and easy. The frosting alone will make you want to grab a spoon and the bowl, sit on the couch, and watch “Friends” until the frosting is gone. Yep, it’s THAT good.
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 3.9 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ c. miniature chocolate chips
- 24 cupcake liners
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 c. butter softened
- ½ c. cocoa
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin cups.
- Place cake mix in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Add pudding, buttermilk, oil, and eggs. Mix to combine well.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and set cupcakes on cooling rack to cool.
- Prepare frosting by blending butter with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add 2 Tbsp milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa. Mix well.
- Add powdered sugar ½ c. at a time. Add remaining milk and blend well.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and top with miniature chocolate chips.
Strawberry Coconut Cocktail – Domestic Superhero
Kale Chopped Salad – Eazy Peazy Mealz
Bruschetta Chicken – Tried & Tasty
Garlic Herbed Skillet Potatoes – The Love Nerds
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes – Cupcake Diaries
Boozy or Not White Hot Chocolate – Sugar & Soul
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021