Allow me to tell you about the easiest and most multi-use dinner I’ve ever made. I may have made up some words back there. I’ve never made a dinner that was so darn easy that I could use in so many different ways! We’ve been calling it Creamy Southwest Chicken Taco Filling, but you can call it whatever you want because it has so many uses!
The Easiest Taco Dinner Ever
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Rotel If you’re new to Rotel, it’s tomatoes and green chilies. You don’t want to skip out on this ingredient! It holds all kinds of flavor!
- taco shells
- Place the chicken in the crock pot and pour all other ingredients over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 hours. Then remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred with two forks.
- Put the chicken back in the crock pot with the liquid and stir it all together. It will appear a little soupy at first, but if you give it about 15 minutes to cool it will thicken up just right.
And all in one night we made the following with this one taco filling:
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020