My husband wanted this cake for his birthday. He likes this one better than regular cake because it falls right in the middle of the brownies and cake categories. This is a low-rise cake and it is delicious!
from the kitchen of
- Grease and flour a 10 x 15 or 12 x 17 pan (a cookie sheet).
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 2 cups sugar.
- In a sauce pan, melt 2 sticks of margarine, 5 Tbsp cocoa, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil stirring well. Add to the flour and sugar mixture.
- In another bowl, beat 2 eggs. And 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/8 tsp salt. Add to the flour and sugar mixture.
- Mix everything together well and pour into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1/2 stick of margarine, 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa, and 3 Tbsp milk. Bring to a boil and add 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla and nuts (optional).
- POUR ICING ON THE CAKE WHEN THE CAKE IS HOT. This frosting is like fudge and cools really quickly. I also like to double the frosting. It covers more of the cake when doubled.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020