This post has been compensated by P.F. Chang’s Home Menu and Mom It Forward. All opinions are mine. #ad #WokWednesday
An Asian meal needs an Asian-inspired dessert! Egg rolls are stuffed with a sweet strawberry cheesecake loaded with fresh strawberries. They’re fried to golden perfection for a crunchy and sweet dessert.
A lot of people are surprised when they learn that I don’t always have these fabulous meals on the dinner table every night. We’re pretty boring when it comes to dinner over here. But every now and then I surprise my kids with a full meal. Most recently I decided to stir up our routine and make them the greatest meal of their lives, or so my six year old put it. We were able to enjoy a restaurant quality meal featuring P.F. Chang’s Home Menu, and we didn’t even have to leave the house. We can make this every week on Wok Wednesday! And because every meal needs a dessert, I decided to make an Asian-inspired treat that my family loved: Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Egg Rolls.
So what is Wok Wednesday? Stirring up P.F. Chang’s Home Menu’s dynamic meals in a wok creates the excitement of authentic Asian cooking. A great way to add zest to the middle of the week! Explore more Wok Wednesday inspiration here.
We started our Wok Wednesday meal with P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Signature Chicken Dumplings. As one who knows how much time goes in to making dumplings from scratch, I was extra excited about the 10 minutes it took to make these! Inspired by the traditional Chinese dumpling, these dumplings are made using customary pork shoulder, succulent dark meat chicken and offer a high meat-to-vegetable ratio. They’re so good!
Only P.F. Chang’s Home Menu offers restaurant-quality Asian food. And the food is culturally authentic in sauces and flavor. My kitchen smelled fantastic when our meal was on the stove!
Our meal included
- Signature Chicken Dumplings
- Orange Chicken
- Chang’s Signature Rice
- Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Egg Rolls (recipe below!)
Isn’t it lovely? I remember thinking about how full I was but really wanted to keep eating because everything was so good. There is very minimal work needed to prepare this meal and it tastes like I brought him home from a restaurant.
How badly do you want to dig into those dumplings? They’re delicious!
I kept with the bundling theme when I decided on my dessert. Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Egg Rolls are the perfect way to top off this meal.
Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Egg Rolls
- 16 egg roll wraps
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 8oz container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 c. strawberries diced
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- chocolate syrup to garnish
- whipped topping to garnish
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine. Stir in whipped topping with a spatula. Fold in the strawberries and combine well.
- Place egg in a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Lay an egg roll wrapper on a clean plate. Add 2-3 tablespoons cheesecake mixture to the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner up and over the mixture. Use your finger to "glue" the corner to the egg roll by rubbing egg onto the egg roll and pressing the corner to it. Rub more egg on the top of the corner. Fold the outer corners in and use the same gluing technique to seal them down. Roll the wrapper and seal the corner using the egg. Place egg rolls in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Pour olive oil into a large pot and fill about two inches. Heat oil to about 350°. Place frozen egg rolls into hot oil and fry for about three minutes, or until golden brown. Place on a plate covered in paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with chocolate syrup, extra strawberries, and whipped topping. Enjoy!
This was the perfect way to bring Wok Wednesday to a close. The whole family loved them!
Don’t forget to explore more Wok Wednesday inspiration here! So many yummy ideas for your mid-week feast.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021