I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I. LOVE. S’MORES! S’more desserts are some of my very favorites. I love making a classic s’more and kicking back with a good TV show. The other day I couldn’t find anymore Hershey bar pieces so I used Hershey kisses. That was amazing!
You’re looking at a moist chocolate cupcake dipped in a super easy chocolate ganache, with a swirl of marshmallow buttercream frosting and topped with crushed up graham crackers. YUM!
These cupcakes are seriously amazing. The different components together make a perfect little treat. And they look so pretty, too! You can make these cupcakes with the tools you have at home. You don’t even need a frosting bag or tip! They’re so easy and just plain yummy. My husband told me they look like they came out of a bakery. And for how easy they were from top to bottom, I’d say that’s pretty great!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients needed to bake
- 24 cupcake liners
- 2-3 graham crackers roughly to finely chopped
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1 c. butter softened but not to room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Bake cupcakes according to directions on the package. Remove from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare ganache by placing heavy cream in a sauce pan and chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to avoid scalding, and pour over chocolate chips. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and whisk together till nice and smooth. Dip each cupcake in the ganache up to the liner. Set aside to allow ganache to cool and set.
- Prepare the frosting by placing the butter in a medium/large bowl. Beat the butter with a mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar about a 1/2 c. at a time till well combined with the butter. Then add the almond extract. Stir in the marshmallow fluff with a spatula until mixed in.
- Place the frosting in a 16oz frosting bag or a Ziploc bag. Cut off the tip of the frosting bag, or one of the corners of the Ziploc bag, about 3/4" up. (No frosting tip needed!)
- Press frosting down into the corner of the bag and pipe on each cupcake in a swirl motion all around the top. Immediately add crushed graham crackers.
This recipe has been shared at these fabulous Link Parties!
Looking for more s’more goodness? Check out this fabulous s’more recipes round up from last year!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020